Making the most of online saving with Aviva
We've set up a company pension scheme to help you invest for your retirement in a tax-efficient way. The scheme is run by Aviva, one of Europe's leading life and pension providers.
You will find useful information on this site including scheme information and access to tools to help you plan.
See what your retirement could look like with our Shape my Future tool.
Get expert advice on your plans
to make sure you’re making the most of your money and on track to achieve your financial goals; it might be a good idea to speak to a financial adviser. A financial adviser can help:
- Establish what your future income requirements might be
- Work out how much money you can afford to save for retirement
- Recommend the right investment funds for you
- Review any other pension plans you might have and transfer them if it will benefit you
- And if you're ready to retire, help you with plans to turn your retirement savings into an income
Aviva's financial advice support team can put you in touch with an Aviva financial adviser or refer you to one of our specialist partners. Call us on 0800 092 2585 or visit our website aviva.co.uk/advice.
Any recommendations made by an Aviva Financial Advice adviser will be for Aviva’s products and services only. If you prefer to find your own financial adviser, you could visit Unbiased.co.uk to find one.
When you reach your chosen retirement age, you can use the money you've invested in your pension to provide you with retirement benefits. And as far away as that might seem today, you should start thinking about it now. The sooner you start investing, the more options and financial freedom you're likely to have when you retire. Note that the value of an investment is not guaranteed and can go down as well as up. You could get back less than has been invested.
If you want to make the most of your retirement years, it’s so important to prepare well.
Our company pension scheme gives you a way of building up a pot of money that you can use to help fund your retirement.
The company pension scheme is run by Aviva, who has many years of experience managing retirement plans.
How the company pension scheme works
- You make payments into your pension plan, and your employer might do too. You don’t pay any tax or national insurance on payments your employer makes, and you get tax relief on any payments you make yourself. The tax treatment may be subject to change in the future.
- This money is then invested in line with whichever investment option you’ve chosen.
- Aviva charge for managing your pension plan and the funds you invest in may have extra charges. These charges will reduce the value of your pension plan.
- When you reach your chosen retirement age, you can use the money you’ve built up to provide yourself with retirement benefits. There are various ways of doing this. So we’ll write to you well in advance to spell out your options.
For more details about how the scheme works, read the ‘Key features’ and ‘Terms and conditions’ in 'Your company pension scheme - An essential guide for employees' on the documents page.
Just remember that, as with any investment, the value of your pension plan can go down as well as up, so it may be worth less than the amount paid in.
New employees are only eligible to join the Tata Steel Personal Retirement Savings Plan (PRSP) provided they have completed and returned the joiners form within 2 months of their initial appointment to Tata Steel UK Ltd.
Please read the 'Your company pension scheme - An essential guide for employees' (PDF 417KB) document for details about your scheme. Your investment guide will show you where your money will be invested.
This site does not provide financial advice. For financial advice please contact your financial adviser. You may be charged for this. If you haven't got a financial adviser and you would like to speak to one you can find one at www.unbiased.co.uk or in your local phone book. The following website(s) may not be regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and as they are not operated by Aviva we cannot be liable for their content.
Money Advice Service
Impartial advice and tools on savings and investments.
Find an adviser
Get financial advice from a financial adviser in your area.